Arram is a village of fifty dwellings, including five farms. One dwelling was a smallholding/market garden. There are four smallholdings which were farms but the land has mainly been sold with just the odd paddock for horses remaining. One farm was demolished around the late seventies to build greenhouses that remain but are currently not in use.
In 1847 the Hull to Scarborough railway line was built and a station was built at Arram, it was quite a substantial little station with a station masters house, a signal box at the crossing, a siding, goods yard with warehouse, weighbridge, hard standing for coal and a loading dock for cattle. There was a booking office/waiting room, ladies waiting room with toilet, lamp room, and gents toilet, all now gone except for the station house and a disused goods yard.
In the early fifties, the airfield at Leconfield was extended which cut across the road to Arram (the road that runs past the school to the camp perimeter) so a new road was built which is the current road into the village.
In the past, there was a chapel or “tin tabernacle” as it was called, on the right just before the bridge into the village. There was also a fish and chip shop and later a general shop but sadly these are also now gone.
In 2003/42004 an archaeological dig was done in a field next to the green by a lady from the village and remains were found dating back to the late Iron Age/Roman Age.
The present village can be dated back to the 1300s.